Hello again! Tasty Tuesday! This week during meal prep I made this yummy and super easy Twice Baked Cauliflower Casserole that I found on Keto Karma. If you read my last post, I decided I needed to kick things up a notch because I was getting really bored with my usual meal prep. In fear of succumbing to the boredom and eating off track, I thought I should start putting in a little more work when it came to my meal prep.
3. Cook cauliflower in a large pot of boiling salted water until cauliflower is tender. (15-20mins)
4. Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
5. In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, parmesan cheese and 4 pieces of chopped fully cooked bacon. (Add optional heavy whipping cream for a creamier consistency)
6. Drain cauliflower well, then pour over top of the ingredients in large mixing bowl.
7. The recipe calls for you to mash with potato masher/mixing whisk, until the consistency is to your liking. I wanted mine to be creamy and more of a uniform consistency so I put mine in the food processor.
8. Spread evenly in a medium-sized (8x8) casserole dish.
9. Top with cheddar cheese and two pieces of chopped bacon.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F/180C or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped green onion before serving.
The first night of my meal prep I paired my casserole with some marinated broiled chicken and green beans. Tonight I will pair it with a Cheeseburger Casserole. Stay tuned for that! KCKO!
The nutrition information for the Twice Baked Cauliflower Casserole: Calories: 230 Fat: 20g Protein: 9g Carbs: 6g Net Carbs: 4g Yields: 9 servings
Just your average 30- something who finally found the motivation to make a fit and healthy lifestyle change. Now I'm trying to motivate others to do the same!